View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mur'phon View Post
@:Tot: Woops, that one was directed at purifier. Anyway, NK "need" nukes in case one of their provocation escalates enough to restart the war, a war they'll probably loose (unless China backs them, which is something they'd rather not rely on). So I wouldn't say NK is comparable to the rest of the region. Also, I'd not call them a client state, the PRC isn't too fond of the Kims and their antics, but as long as keeping them in power avoids A: NK collapse and refuge flood into China, B: American forces stationed at their border, and C: A strong Korea at their border. If they thought reunification could happen without A and B happening at the same time, they'd be unlikely to oppose it.
Well, I say client state in the sense that much of what they do likely wouldn't go on w/o the tacit approval of the PRC. NK isn't going to ever really do more than cause the occasionl high profile incident (occasionally ending in deaths) vs actually start a war and they are an irritant to the "west" which serves the PRC's interests in terms of keeping things off balance. No one is going to invade NK b/c of its proximity to the PRC and thus they don't "need" nukes to protect them from anything (not even really themselves ).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,