View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I think that the real issue w/NK has nothing to do with needs (it doesn't even really risk being invaded over going nuclear as events have shown) and everything to do with wants (missle tech sales, foreign aid extortion, etc..). Whether, as you say, NK doesn't want to rely on the PRC or not is irrelevant b/c that's likely a key reason no one's going to invade them. China tolerates NK behavior b/c it keeps the region and the US slightly off-balance. I don't believe they're truly that worried about a mass exodus from NK flooding across the border (what? China can just shoot them like it does its own citizens ) or any of the other "joys of having a dirt poor neighbor". As to your point about the ROC vs NK, I'd say that's the irony. The ROC, with a better claim to worry about invasion, can't have them precisely b/c the PRC would likely see that as grounds for an actual attack. Meanwhile, NK arms up while the rest of the world watches and effectively does nothing.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,