View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #3
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
More pathetic political bs and handwringing. He should get a freaking medal or something, not a prison sentence.
Yeah sounds like political BS alright, and I'm thinking maybe they're really leaving the Lieutenant to hang like that because the upper brass believes the Lieutenant screwed up somekind of intelligence operation they had going on with Mansur. The main reason I say that is because of this specific quote, if it's true:

"May 16, 2008: Without explanation, Army Intelligence ordered the release of Mansur."

And Lt. Behenna was to transport Mansur home, right? So if the guy was a known terrorist, the U.S. Army is not just going to let the enemy free like that without a sane reason. So the only logical reason that I can think of, is because the Army Intelligence wanted to let Mansur go to keep track of him to see if he would lead them into finding other terrorists or a whole terrorist group. Unfortunately that feel by the wayside because Mansur got killed, so probably the Army Intelligence got pissed at what happened and some A-hole in the upper brass decided to have Lt. Behenna prosecuted because of it and turn it into a political BS case.

Basically, I can't see the U.S. Army really giving a crap to what ever happen to Mansur in the end (that includes being shot on purpose), after the upper brass got what they wanted beforehand.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,