View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #46
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalforever View Post
Another thing, GOTO wanted the Jedi alive in order to stabilize the Republic. He himself said that they were no use to him dead, but the HK-50's we encounter always want to kill the Exile, why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Frankly, I think it's a plot hole. He wants you to help him preserve the Republic, so he sends a ****ton of droids and people (why not just messengers?) to kill you so that he can hire you. The bounty hunters are constantly telling you that "no one will care as long as I bring them your carcass", so clearly he didn't do a very good job at emphasizing the "alive" part.
The HKs don't want to kill the Exile. They are quite clear about this. They don't have any problem seriously wounding the Exile in the process, but their intent is not to kill.

On the other hand, the HKs probably like killing as much as their predecessor, so they could just be lying; the bounty hunters in general seem to be looking for an excuse to kill the Exile, even if that's against Goto's orders. So it's not a plot hole; Goto explicitly says they are going against his orders, but that he doesn't mind much because any Jedi who could be killed by bounty hunters is worthless to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalforever View Post
And Zez Kai Ell himself said to the Exile that he/she was right in going to the war and that he had lost belief in Jedi Teachings. He laments the Council's decision to exile us and says that the Jedi Council was very arrogant, but when we return to Dantooine, he seems to be looking forward to cutting the Exile off from the Force and all the other masters behave just like Vrook. Doesn't that piss you off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Technically Zez never (I think) says that she were right to join the war, just that the Council made a grave mistake in showing her the door instead of trying to understand why their Jedi kept falling to the dark side (or something).
Nah, he flat out says "You were right to do what you did. Everything you did."
Quote:
As for his apparent change of mind, it is presumed that Vrook and Kavar spoke to him off-screen and convinced him to go along with their sentencing of the Exile (assuming he was every actually against it in the first place).
I don't really think changed his mind, he was just a hypocrite. I agree the others likely coaxed him - particularly Kavar, since he seems to do whatever Kavar says - but I don't think he ever had a change of heart. He and Vrook are rather consistent in their feelings... it's Kavar who stabs you in the back.
Quote:
Because the HK-50s work for Goto (though this is never confirmed in an unmodded game) and Goto uses the codes to locate and hijack Vogga's ships.
No mods needed, he'll admit to it if you have enough influence to ask him about his operations. They don't work exclusively for Goto, though.
Quote:
On another note, I wonder why the HKs need to steal the launch codes from T3 if Goto's apparently been hijacking the freighters for some time.
They never say they were stealing them, just that they wouldn't let T3 leave with them. However, I can't recall if they're among the bounty hunters who board Goto's yacht. Perhaps they did want the codes, to use as leverage against Goto.
Quote:
And why Vogga's one-story warehouse is literally next-door to his apartmen- I mean, his "palace".
That wasn't his usual abode. All the hijacking made him so paranoid he moved in right next door to his warehouse to keep an eye on it.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,