View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Darth Avlectus
Any other dumb remarks?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Let me see if I can do better......

Basically the colonists in the North American Continent were not going to recognize the stamp act of 1765, taxing them without representation and therefore a violation of their rights, as imposed by the Parliament of Great Britain. This sparked a war: the American Revolutionary War.

So the place for the setting is Eastern America, the Frontier. The battle of Trenton, The battle of Brooklyn, Valley Forge Pennsylvania. Similar incidents.

What is happening? The war that ended up with the founding of U.S.A. This is the time of these figures in American History:

1) George Washington, Commander-in-chief of the Continental Army. He would go on to become the first president of the united states.

2) Benjamin Franklin, a founding father of the United States and a man of many talents and professions in arts, sciences, politics, civics, and others.

3) Paul Revere, a silversmith, a man of industry, and most famously known for alerting the colonial militia of the approaching British army before the battles of Lexington and Concord. "The British are coming! The British are coming!"

4) Charles Lee, previously a british soldier who shall become the General of the Continental Army.

5) Lafayette, a french aristocrat who became a war general in the American Revolutionary War. Serving a major-general under George Washington.

6) Samuel Adams, Political Philosopher, statesman. He was on the front lines of the legal side of things, writing the "Adams Instructions" in response to the sugar Act of 1764. The term "taxation without representation" for what was to become United States of America was coined here as he made the first legal, political, and for all intents and purposes official unified defense of the colonists' rights. The first political body making the first on record statement that Parliament could not rightly tax them. His contention was that the Parliament did not have sovereignty over the Colonists. A year later the Stamp Act was passed by the Parliament. This caused an uproar in the colonies. From there it all erupted and...well, not to be too cliche but, "the rest is history" as the saying goes.

=====================

So far as the player's role? The main character seems to be loosely based off of Joseph Brant of the Mohawk nation of Native Americans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...tive_Americans
Show spoiler

Personally I guess my motivation for interest in this game is as a matter of national pride, and of cultural and indirect ancestral interest. No matter how skewed, accurate, contrary, or agreeable the game's portrayal might be.

I hope one day in the not-too-distant future I can go to my own tribal lands and familiarize myself more with my heritage. But enough about this.

Hope this helps.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,