View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
((First off, thanks for the review Mach, I really appreciate it. And thanks to MrsFicwriter for taking a look at it.))

Hyperspace

I can't believe this is happening, Toryal thought as he shook his head in despair. "Jaesa I thought you said that you stabilized her! Whats happening to her?!"

Jaesa reached for a scanner and scanned the twi'lek who was shaking violently and was having trouble breathing. "I don't know...She was fine an hour ago!" Jaesa shot back, forgetting that she was speaking to a sith lord but Toryal didn't care. He watched as she continued to scan her. Jaesa was muttering under her breath as she continued to try and figure out what was wrong with Vette.

"Hold on...the scanner seems to have found something...It appears that there's some sort of toxin present in her system. This is impossible! I checked her an hour ago and there was nothing!"

Toryal looked past Jaesa and looked at the newest addition to their crew, Lt. Pierce who had joined them on Taris. Toryal stared at him and reached out with the force. "Pierce...did you have anything to do with this?" He asked quietly as he waited for an answer. If Pierce had anything to do with what had happened to Vette..."

"No my lord. I was busy checking the weapons systems on the ship."

Toryal nodded, sensing that the man was telling the truth. He already knew that it wasn't Jaesa and the droid 2V-R8 was the one who had alerted them to Vette's condition. And that left only one person who could have done this...

"Quinn..." He said quietly. His disbelief was rapidly being replaced by pure rage. He could feel the darkside rising up in him as he slowly turned towards the stairway that led to the bridge.

Jaesa could feel the rage building in him and she knew that she had to do something. If he were to fight in his current state she knew that there was a very good possibility that the bridge controls could be destroyed, knocking out power to the entire ship including the medical bay, or worse, the loss of power could knock them out of hyperspace and leave them stranded in space.

"My lord..." She said quietly. "Think before you act. Think about what Vette would want you to do. She wouldn't want you to kill Quinn in a blind rage, I know she wouldn't."

Toryal took a deep breath and attempted to rid himself of the rage that he was feeling but it was proving very difficult. As a sith he had learned that rage was a source of strength but Jaesa's words made sense. If he killed Quinn in a fit of rage then it was possible Vette would never be able to forgive him.

Jaesa gently took his hand and moved him towards one of the medical bay beds and sat him down. "I can help you. On the rare occasion I've lost my temper the jedi code has helped me. I know that as a sith you don't believe in the ways of the jedi but this may help you control your rage."

Jaesa sat down and crossed her legs and began speaking in a soothing tone of voice.

"There is no emotion, There is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the force"

Toryal took a look at Vette's body which had stopped shaking but it looked like she was still having trouble breathing.

Fight it Vette...Keep fighting...

Toryal got down on the floor next to Jaesa and began to repeat the words of the Jedi Code despite feeling the urge to go to the bridge and slam Quinn's face into a bulkhead.

"There is no emotion, There is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the force"

Toryal's fist slowly opened and closed as he fought against the rage he was feeling. He closed his eyes and repeated the code in his mind again and again as he tried to keep his anger under control.

Toryal could feel his rage slowly vanishing as he repeated the code over and over and as he felt the calming influence of Jaesa as she sent waves of calming and soothing influence through the force.

The Sith Lord took a deep breath and opened his eyes and looked over at Jaesa and nodded. "Keep an eye on Vette. I need to deal with Quinn. If anything changes with her condition let me know at once."

"Yes my Lord."

Toryal got to his feet and and took a last look at Vette. A very small smile appeared on his face as he watched Jaesa get to her feet and began to work on Vette. He knew that the Twi'lek was in good hands. The smile slowly vanished as he unhooked his lightsaber from his belt and left it on one of the medical bay beds before turning and heading for the bridge.

I don't know how this will end for you Quinn...Toryal thought.
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,