View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #35
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
If they did, they weren't very effective. I totally missed it and was following the game through development (though that's not saying much to be honest.. hehe). I tend to miss a lot of things

Maybe my eyes were glossed over from all the eye candy and class articles D3 released during that time
September, 2011. I won't argue if they were very effective or not, since it may have been against their interest to spread the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
So sad it's true. Grim days for the industry if this becomes a regular thing.
Took me quite awhile to even accept Steam's policy and it's not even close to having this much of a draconian choke hold.
I haven't bought a single game on Steam. My first experience with it was when I was trying out a demo of some game. In order to play it, they forced me to have an internet connection, create an account, log in, and finally play the damn demo. By that time, I wasn't interested in playing the demo anymore. What I really wanted to know was if there was a version of that game without Steam. Sadly it was a Steam exclusive, and my interest for that game disappeared immediately.

I can't stand account-based and/or online authentication DRM on singleplayer games. What's worse, it's like a disease spreading throughout the whole industry.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,