Wandering the Galaxy...
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Unknown Regions
Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
KotOR 1 Restoration Demo
For those of you who may not know a team has been working on restoring a lot of content to KotOR 1
as of late. Now, the team's been hard at work and it's my pleasure to announce that a demo has been prepared for release to the public. This demo will include mostly cut Taris content, with the addition of a few more restorations on Dantooine (For more details see ReadMe below).
Deadly Stream Link: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...ion-demo-beta/
KotOR Files Link: COMING SOON
The main forums
over on Deadly Stream are where most of the stuff related to KotOR 1 Restoration are discussed, but as said in the ReadMe, we'd prefer it if you reported all bugs found with the demo in this thread or directly to ZM90 over on Deadly Stream.
» KotOR 1 Restoration Demo ReadMe
NAME: KotOR 1 Restoration Demo
SIZE - Unzipped: 30.4 Megabytes, Zipped: 13.2 Megabytes
DATE RELEASED: June 15, 2012
KOTOR 1 RESTORATION FORUMS: http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
KotOR 1 Restoration is an attempt to restore almost all the content that was cut from the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by BioWare Corp. Of course, these restorations will be within reason and things that were cut because they did not fit with the plot, and cannot be made to fit with the plot, will most definitley NOT be restored.
Remember, this is only the demo, not the full mod.
» RESTORED CONTENT
Most of the content that has been released in this demo is from Taris. However, there are few pieces of restored content that pertain to Dantooine as well as a difficulty option restoration.
- Impossible Difficulty, a cut option for difficulty that is harder than the Vanilla "Hard" difficulty
- Carth dialogue when the PC first awakens on Taris, Carth makes a few comments about the PC's injuries. (Thanks to zbyl2 for this!)
- Lower City, numerous restorations to the Lower City
- Under City, numerous restorations to the Under City
- Restoration of the Black Vulkar Base Sublevel
- Restored Droid Items
- Restoration of some dialgoue with Niklos in the Uppper City Cantina
- Restoration of the Duel Ring announcer in the Taris Upper City Cantina. The announcer will be available to speak to in between fights.
- Zaerdra Swoop Platform Dialogue, Zaerdra will make some final comments to the PC on the prototype accelerator before intitiating your first run with it
- Sith Base, numerous restorations
- Sarna and Yun Genda are available to talk to members of the same sex and can be used to further the plot of Taris. Albeit, in different ways than they normally do.
- Iriaz Restoration, returns the Iriaz to the plains of Dantooine. (Thanks to Seamhiann for this!)
- Garrum and Tar'eelok Restoration, returns a cut padawan and master to the Jedi Enclave. (Thanks to Seamhiann for this!)
- Restoration of cut items within the Jedi Enclave
- Shen and Rahashia Indecent Proposal, the PC can make a rather indecent, and awkward, proposal to either Shen or Rahasia depending upon the PC's gender.
- The file called plc_glowpudl.utp had the name of "Glowing Puddle" however when placed in game it looked like a blood puddle. The model file and textures have been changed so now the glowing puddle placeable makes a glowing puddle of green liquid. It can be seen in the new module, tar_m03ac, or the swoop platform non-racing version.
- Modified Iriaz from Seamhiann's modules so there were less of them, they fought against the Kath Hounds, and usually stayed in their small areas.
» BUG FIXES
There weren't too many bugs in KotOR 1, thus there is such a short list.
-Fixed female Jedi on Dantooine so she'd keep on walking after talking to her.
An installation which involved the TSL Patcher has been made ready for your use and is the simplest and easiest way to carry out installation.
If you wish, for whatever reason, to not use TSL Patcher it will require you to manually copy and paste files from the TSLPatchdata folder into the specific folders they need to be placed in.
Note: The K1R team is not responsible for any incompatibility issues that may arise from the use of this mod in conjunction with other mods. Also, in order to provide the best feedback for us we recommend that you play the K1R Demo with NO other mods installed.
» TSL PATCHER INSTALLATION
1) Double click K1R Demo Installer.exe found in the main directory of the demo folder.
2) Click the button labeled Install Mod.
3) Click yes to the box that'll pop up... if you wish to proceed with installation.
4) Watch as all the little file names and progress reports scroll by and wait until the installer is complete.
» MANUAL INSTALLATION
1) Open up the tslpatchdata folder.
2) Copy all files with a .WAV extension into the Streamwaves folder found in your main SWKotOR Directory.
3) Copy all files with a .MOD extension into the Modules folder found in your main SWKotOR Directory.
4) Copy all remaining files into the Override folder found in your main SWKotOR Directory. If there is not one present, create one.
(THE K1R TEAM TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS MADE WHILE MANUALLY INSTALLING THIS DEMO!)
» KNOWN BUGS
- When in tar_m03ac or tar_m10ab you will not be told to gather your party before venturing forth when trying to go through an area transition with a scattered party. Instead, you will be able to walk through and nothing will happen. Just walk back out of the area transition, gather your party, and head back through. This issue will be fixed in the final version of KotOR 1 Restoration. (Unless I (Fallen Guardian), the K1R team, or any other person we ask for help cannot assist in this matter.)
- The citizens wandering around in the lower city and the lower city apartments may sometimes be a bit overzealous in their attempts to defend themselves. (AKA going after the Vulkars when the Vulkars aren't even attacking them.) It's not really a bug per se, it's just a little thing that may break the immersion, depending on your point of view.
- The Iriaz on Dantooine will actively pursue enemies in favor of helping the PC. This is only because I have not been able to make a faction that's hostile to hostile factions, but neutral towards everyone else. Basically, it's the same deal as the citizens in the lower city apartments.
» BUG REPORTING
There are 2 ways to report bugs. 1: Post your issues in the Taris Upper City Emporium Thread. 2: PM your issues to ZM90 at Deadlystream.
TO REPORT THROUGH TARIS UPPER CITY EMPORIUM
1) Go to the Taris Upper City Emporium section of the Knights of the Old Republic branch of LucasForums "http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645" and either create an account or login to your existing one.
2) Find the thread called "KotOR 1 Restoration Demo".
3) If the bug has not been reported already, post a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. A member of K1R will likely report back to you within a week.
TO REPORT THROUGH PM
1) Go to DeadlyStream (http://deadlystream.com/) and search for the user ZM90 (http://deadlystream.com/forum/user/88-zm90/)
2) Send ZM90 a private message with a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. ZM90 will likely report back to you within a week.
» VOICE ACTOR
Caalin Ette's Human Assassin....Zhaboka
Thanks Zhaboka. You really brought life to the characters, and those parts would be pretty lame without you.
Restoration of Carth dialogue when the PC first awakens on Taris
Fixes to Gana Lavin's appearance consistency
Garrum and Tar'eelok Restoration
Taris Lower City module, tar_m03aa
Taris Lower City module, Dan Loto's permission to edit some things. Namely the citizens will be attacked by the Vulkars and the vulkar scout will no longer have player initiated dialogue but script initiated.
Random walk script, real2. File name changed to rw, but all of the coding is Dan Loto's work.
A BIG thanks to all of you!
» TEAM MEMBERS
- ZM90, Team Leader
- Mandalore, Team Member
- Jatku, Team Member
- Fallen Guardian, Team Member
» SPECIAL THANKS
To the tool creators of the community
~ Kotor Tool.....................A VERY special thanks to Fred Tetra
~ K-GFF GFF Editor/DLGEditor.....tk102
~ Lipsynch Editor................JDNoa
~ ERF Editor/TSLPatcher..........stoffe
Also thanks to everyone over at Holowan Labs for helping me, Fallen Guardian, with quite a few issues I had with scripting among other things. Though I may have disguised a lot of my problems at the time with different names in the scripts/other things, you still helped a great deal.
The K1R Demo may NOT be redistributed in any way without the explicit permission of the K1R team and the proper credit given.
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE CORP/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
Last edited by Fallen Guardian; 04-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.