View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #78
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalforever View Post
The Exile tells Atton that they must go to Telos because the Sith are planning to attack it even before they leave Dantooine for the Academy. But I don't understand how they even come to know that Telos is going to be under attack?
Where else would it be? It might be suspect at that point, but in some ways, where else would Nihilus choose to attack? As far as the game itself goes, you only hear about Katar, and that's it. He hasn't went after anywhere else, to to anything similar. So he obviously had the need to quell his hunger, along with needing a place to do so. How exactly he would've heard about Telos(beyond Tobin specifically telling him), I can't say, but it's either that Kreia actually tells Tobin the information regardless of who the Exile sides with, or...well else I don't know.

Quote:
And how did the Ebon Hawk even reach the Academy? I thought the codes were only with the Handmaiden?
"She said you would come here, to this place"

Atris was expecting you. Regardless of your alignment, she wants to be rid of you. You could say that it's like this - if you want to fix a problem, and it happens to be coming close enough to do so on it's own, why stop it?

Quote:
If we side with the Queen on Onderon, there is a cut scene of Kreia telling Colonel Tobin to tell Nihilus to attack Telos and that there is a Jedi Academy there, but if we side with General Vaklu, who tells Nihilus to attack Telos? And why would Kreia want Nihilus to attack Telos?
I think Tobin(aboard the Ravager) mentions that she told him, no matter who the Exile sides with. As for the reason Kreia wanted that? Two reasons. The first is, that it brings him out into the open, allowing himself to be attacked. And the second is, that he is already lacking in places to sate his hunger. Trying to feed on Telos, is like trying to save oneself from death in a desert, with naught but a few drops of water.

Quote:
Nihilus could not sense the Jedi Council meeting on Dantooine (when they tried to strip the Exile of the Force) because it was difficult to sense Force Sensitives on such worlds, then does that make Telos any different?
There is a difference in being able to sense where something is, and knowing that it's there. Why try scouring the galaxy for something, when you know exactly where it is?

Quote:
And when Atris asks Kreia who she is, Kreia says "I am the one who ordered him to be exiled". Is this true?
It could be, but either way, it makes sense. If the Exile goes to the Council, and they listen, then there is ample reason for trust. If the Exile goes to them, and they not only don't listen, but they wish to Exile her, then there is reason for the Exile to doubt them, if she hadn't before.

Quote:
Atris also says: "These Sith are spawned of you, spawned of the Mandalorian Wars... all those deaths, all those Jedi"

So the Sith DID learn those techniques from the Exile?
When exactly did the Exile give lessons on this? But then again, Atris is just like the rest of the Council. She does not know about Nihlius(never-mind the advertising), and if there are Sith that have a power similar to the Exile's, who do you think she is going to mention first?

Quote:
Atris said that Kreia was waiting at Malachor for the Exile, where she intended to create another echo that would deafen and kill all Force Sensitives. I wanted to ask, that how she intended to trigger another echo? By making the Exile kill her at the heart of Malachor? Then she succeeded didn't she?
Yes, and no. Her, and obviously the Exile's action's changed things, but the force still exists.

Quote:
And Atris said that if the Exile did not follow her to Malachor, she will kill herself, resulting in the death of the Exile as well. Did she mean this or was it another one of her lies? I think she was speaking the truth, because if she killed herself on Malachor, the Exile would be caught unprepared and would die of the pain too (like on Dantooine (dark side version))
For what reason, at that point, would the Exile have to not go to Malachor? Beyond the fact that the game forces you to, there isn't much to that thinking, since even if you could travel to Malachor just like the other planets, having a scene where Kreia actually does it(say if you take a certain amount of time finishing quests, etc), it would be interesting, but annoying.

Also, Kreia does specifically tell the Exile that she will kill herself if they don't come to Malachor. The possibility might not make one prepared for something, but if you know it might happen, you are better off than not knowing at all.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,