Thread: IDEA!!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #12
bunjeeman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
Even though you can add classes to some extent, you can't change the classes available at the start of the game, and you can't give a character more than two classes. So you could not be a Soldier/Scout/Scoundrel, Guardian/Sentinel/Consular, and something else.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind some of the powers you mentioned. They seem overpowered, or otherwise not very true to the Force as depicted in the films. And there are already a lot of powers in the games like that, ones that exist simply to replicate a standard RPG spell rather than anything that's actually depicted in Star Wars. There are already lots of established Force powers that aren't represented in the game. I'd suggest looking there for inspiration.
Um, well I did say there was a solution for modders, that is, increase the difficulty manually, and since there are so many powers, the player wouldn't be able to get them all, and so would need to focus on one area (buff or attack). Also, most of the powers are restricted by armor, and are redundant to have along with their Light Side)Dark Side counterparts (heal and purge, for example).
As for the Force, you'll find that a lot of people have a lot of interperetations of how it may be applied/used/conjured/whatever your interperetation is. As for the reason why I suggested them; it is a Star Wars game, made for fun. The powers are based on Star Wars and standard RPG spells, yes, but the whole point of modding is to put new stuff out there for fun, which is the point of games, and there a lot of people who love/deeply enjoy the feeling of using powers from other games, either because of crossover dreams or wanting to use some other powers.
As for inspiration, Star Wars is the inspiration for many powers and abilities, but I like not to limit myself there. As I said, people like a lot of stuff, and so I branch out. I considered also adding a Newtype suggestion (Gundam Seed/Unicorn), but decided against it (don't want to put too much out there for people to do).
I see the point in your arguement, but really, if you're using mods such as these, a balanced game isn't on your mind. Otherwise, use the suggestion to up the dificulty (someone knows how).

It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
bunjeeman is offline   you may: quote & reply,