Updated my journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
Looks slick
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter View Post
Code:
if ((GetGlobalNumber("di_tat_win") >= 0) && GetGlobalNumber("di_tat_win") < 7)
Pretty sure this should be
Code:
if ((GetGlobalNumber("di_tat_win") >= 0) && (GetGlobalNumber("di_tat_win") < 7))
Also noticed working on some other scripts, else if doesn't work with KOTOR... so replace them with code like thus;
Code:
		else {
				if ((GetGlobalNumber("000_atriscs1") == 2)) {
Any additional "else's" get below the if in height. Pretty much all closing tags (except to end ifs, before a new else) in the end. Sorry about that.

Also can't see it trigger the dialogue (as in your old on_death), but that probably is because you want it to destroy enemies first, right?

Though if you were already using on_death for all that... why didn't a delete enemies script work when set there :/
Thanks for the help! I eventually fixed it, by using AssignCommand(oArea in front of DestroyObject());, which actually got the script to execute properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
Looks amazing! A nice pulsing, throbbing animation for the Sith Holocron would seal the deal in a big way.
Thank you! I wish I could deliver on the Sith holocron, but it just doesn't seem to want to let me make an animated texture for it. It may be because it's a triangular UV map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
Really amazing and stunning work, DI!!! Love it!
Though I think the blue is a bit... flat? Perhaps a subtle gradient, lighter blue/whit in center? Not sure though, that might improve it.
Thanks for the feedback, Q, and I'm glad you like it. I've tried to fix the texture below.

So, as I mentioned above, I've now fixed the death script for the Tattooine arena. Unfortunately something I forgot last time was that I haven't written the victory scripts yet, so those are next on my list for that mod.

On the Jedi holocron, I've been experimenting with turning the animated texture into a decal, like a lightsaber blade. This makes the black around the blue "swirl" transparent. I've also tried to heighten the contrast in the texture a bit, in line with Q's feedback above. I've also managed to get the 'glass' in the holocron to shine, though no luck so far fixing the UV map. Please let me know what you think of the result:

Other than that, I've also been playing around with beam effects for TSL, following the release of some shots of Star Wars: 1313 with rather nice beams in them (I know, I know; TSL will never look that good. ). Mainly, I've been playing with variants of the Drain effect I released last year, and applying those to other beam effects:

These are much higher-res than the original beams, at 512x512, rather than, IIRC, 64x64. The disadvantage is that the repetition of the texture pattern can be very obvious, particularly in the first and third of the droid beam effects. Again, feedback, comments and suggestions are very welcome.

That's about all for now, so until next time...

Share and Enjoy!

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,