Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #1642
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
So then essentially it's no different from any other game.
Well, yes. I don't think I implied otherwise. But if there were a distinguishing element of ME that set it apart from other games, I'd say it's Bioware's aforementioned style of emotional engagement. Gamers just can't seem to get over engaging with game-worlds on an interpersonal level (as evidenced by Bioware's extreme success with it's RPG's.. even though the structure of most of those games are almost exactly the same..)

Quote:
Usually I'd agree with you, but the ending is such nonsense that it ruined the journey (especially any subsequent journeys) too. I was prepared for multiple runs of the trilogy before I witnessed the ME3 ending leaks... however, now I'm of the opinion that once around is all the series deserves from me.
Fair enough. BW did imply that they'd implement an unprecedented level of choice-outcome/storyline permutation complexity. It's quite apparent they didn't deliver. (Though as I've said before, I never took those statements seriously - it just sounded like standard [meaningless] marketing blurb to me).

On another note, Is anyone playing the multiplayer?

I've never really liked first-person shooters, but preferred third-person ones. Mass Effect 3's is the first third-person shooter multiplayer I've played, and I gotta say, I'm getting a serious kick out of it. I love it!

What really surprised me is that the MP feels just like the SP. Sure, things have been tweaked a little, but for the most part, the weapons, powers, and gameplay feel just like the SP. I don't know if this is to be expected of a game with SP and MP (I don't have much experience with MP's), but for some reason, I expected the MP to feel quite different. (I'm glad that I was wrong.)

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,