View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #1645
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
In my mind, a plothole exists in that in the Arrival DLC,
You can't base the ending of the whole trilogy on something that might happen in the Arrival DLC though, since Shepard's participation in the Arrival scenario is optional. If you didn't play the DLC a squad of marines sent by Hackett carried out the mission instead in ME3 (getting wiped out in the process).

Quote:
Do you know what happened to Saren Arterius and Jack Harper After being electrocuted by a Reaper artifact?
Going by what is said and mentioned in the games (and not any comics and novels), both these gentlemen also spent several months in close proximity to a Reaper (Inside Sovereign, and just upstairs from the embryo). Indoctrination is not a quick process, it is mentioned that it takes weeks or months to do properly. There is a Quick Indoctrination option as well, but using that the victim goes insane within a few days so it's not really an option for sleepers and long-term operatives, or a Shepard that seemingly remains herself 6 months later.

Quote:
...like piles of bodies appearing out of nowhere around the conduit?
The conduit (if you mean the beam up to the Citadel) was a transporter beam meant to move organic material up to the Citadel for processing for use in Reaper construction. Thus it's not unreasonable IMO that husks etc continue to shovel up bodies, especially since a fair number of them just were produced nearby with the failed rush attack.

Quote:
That's why I found it reasonable to postulate that it wasn't an attack beam, but an "Indoctrination Beam".
There is no such thing in established lore. See above.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,