Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #1654
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Don't promise it if you can't deliver. It's just as disappointing as when Nintendo said how the Wii Remotes motion controls would do this, this and this. They only just STARTED delivering what they promised with Skyward Sword but it was too little, too late.
Found this relevant quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hudson in Pre ME3 Release interview with gameinformer
Interviewer: [Regarding the numerous possible endings of Mass Effect 2] “Is that same type of complexity built into the ending of Mass Effect 3?”

Hudson: “Yeah, and I’d say much more so, because we have the ability to build the endings out in a way that we don’t have to worry about eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we’re taking into account so many decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.....The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them.”

All I can say is wow. I see where you're coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
You can't base the ending of the whole trilogy on something that might happen in the Arrival DLC though, since Shepard's participation in the Arrival scenario is optional. If you didn't play the DLC a squad of marines sent by Hackett carried out the mission instead in ME3 (getting wiped out in the process).
A logical opinion.
It's just that contact with a reaper artifact as shown in Arrival is *exactly* what would be required to cause the kind of IT-proposed indoctrination attempt effects in ME3.

Quote:
Going by what is said and mentioned in the games (and not any comics and novels), both these gentlemen also spent several months in close proximity to a Reaper (Inside Sovereign, and just upstairs from the embryo). Indoctrination is not a quick process, it is mentioned that it takes weeks or months to do properly. There is a Quick Indoctrination option as well, but using that the victim goes insane within a few days so it's not really an option for sleepers and long-term operatives, or a Shepard that seemingly remains herself 6 months later.
Yes, what happened to Saren and TIM was not instant (I should have been clearer), but the point is that it started with close, indirect contact with a reaper artifact, just after the First Contact War.

Quote:
The conduit (if you mean the beam up to the Citadel) was a transporter beam meant to move organic material up to the Citadel for processing for use in Reaper construction. Thus it's not unreasonable IMO that husks etc continue to shovel up bodies, especially since a fair number of them just were produced nearby with the failed rush attack.
Shepard would have to be knocked out for hours for this many bodies to be piled up:

As for them being Ashley and Kaidan, I can't see the resemblance in their faces, because it's such a low-quality, horrible texture, but the fact that the piles feature Pheonix and Onyx armours, and *only* those armours, does seem to be peculiar.

Quote:
There is no such thing in established lore. See above.
Before ME3, neither were Crucibles, Catalysts, or cause-shepard-to-shoot-anderson-with-a-wave-of-a-hand powers.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,