View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 02:15 AM   #24
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDR View Post
Jar'Kai was an ancient sword-fighting technique that utilized dual-wielding. Niman is a lightsaber form that balances out the others, having no specific strengths nor weaknesses. It could be used with or without two lightsabers.

Wow, I sound like a nerd.
True, but Niman actually encompasses dual wielding--a recent revision to be sure. There were previously numerous "sub-forms" of lightsaber combat and techniques, strategy, tactics, etc.

It is said in some of the referenced material that ultimate mastery of dual wield requires strong proficiency to mastery of Niman. And supposedly Ataru's full mastery required dual wield.

What I wonder is why emphasis on mastering one-handed variations of all the forms isn't brought up especially if Niman blends all the forms before it (1 through 5) and dual wield is obviously 2 single blades, one in each hand.

Makashi makes the most use of single hand (though form 2 practitioners have been known to use two hands on a single blade as well), but the others do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
The first example that I know of is Luke in the old Marvel Star Wars comics. The next one I can think of is Boc from the first Jedi Knight game. Then Attack of the Clones happened and now they're everywhere.
My picture album has some issues from the same series (fair to mediocre condition) I found at a yard sale a few years ago for 25 cents a piece, though not the specific issue of which you speak.

Now that I think of it, you're right about the first Jedi Knight game. Boc Aseca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
In AotC, Anakin Force pulls Obi-wan's his lightsaber and for a moment he dual wields in a fight against Dooku.

How can people miss that one? It's the most obvious on-screen example.
I thought we were forgetting something.

Or the cut content where they had Christopher Lee dual wielding in a few test shoots until they decided to scrap that idea for character development of Dooku preferring single bladed. Actually reading Labyrinth of Evil right now where he interjects on the various saber forms while training General Grievous.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,