View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #1291
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suaidan View Post
Thank you for the review i feel it is very accurate. I too was very much in a state of non-belief over maul's survival but felt that if i added someone else full explanation to my writing that i would be slightly plagerizing and i want this story to be very original. It is mostly setting up Nyro's life not maul's so much but if any fan would like to study more into the subject I will leave the link here and also the clone wars TV series explains it even better. As to "why" Lucas decided to leave such a big question with only a slight explanation is beyond me BUT I will continue to work on my writing skills and try to guarantee that "Nyro's" story is very in depth and entertaining. Thank you Machievelli for your proffesional style of critiquing it will help to make me a better writer.

This is the link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul
It is plagerism only if you claim the work as your own, as in trying to sell it. All I mentioned is back story, and it can be doled out over a period of several chapters as you decide if you wish. As for 'taking' their work, I rewrote parts of both KOTOR game because I refused to accept the common view of them; having the Krayt Dragon eat Calo Nord for one, and since the info about the Mass Shadow Generator's deployment was so vague I put my own version in, which included someone else setting the blasted thing off just when the Republic was winning instead of what Emperor Devon came up with, which was Revan committing mass murder to get rid of the Jedi that weren't already on her side (My Revan and Exile are both female), while killing off about three million others in the process.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,