Thread: Star Wars 1313
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #171
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
@ jigos: I know, that's the point I was trying to make... besides, games that blur the genre lines exist quite frequently outside of indie developer portfolios or arthouse films... that's the point you seem to be missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1ffing_Br1lliant View Post
Yet KOTOR was a huge "risk" in its experimental approach to mixing the Turn- Based RPG basis with a narrative and making it all go down in a Third-Person perspective. Battlefront was totally different than any other Star Wars properties as it focused on the perspective of the soldiers fighting all of the movie hero's battles, but it was highly successful. Republic Commando carried the same concept, but applied squad-tactics into the gameplay (also rather untested with the Star Wars license) I could name many more "risky" properties, but the point is that nearly all, if not all of the classic Star Wars "hits" were severely risky, but they paid off.

I think it would be more in this game's benefit if they were to try something different for a change and implement something players can connect with and differentiate it from the Uncharted games it is heavily derived from; and since when has the Lucasarts license followed currently popular games, thusly copied them, and made anything fans actually wanted?
Hnn, you guys might be right. I suppose when i think 'risky' I'm thinking wildly different gameplay mechanic structures, rather than a certain few experimental elements.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,