View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #16
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejman217 View Post
It is slightly personal for me as well. I am a Muslim, although most cannot tell right away because I am Caucasian.

Every time the religion convo. pops up, and I state what I believe in, they ask me if I'm a terrorist.

I mean, really? And it's ten times worse for me, because I live in the south (Georgia). Most people here are just dumb*ss, ignorant, and prejudiced rednecks.

Even though they cannot tease/insult me physically because I am 6'5", I still occasionally recieve insults. I am above most people on a maturity level, so I won't resort to threatening to beating people up.

Forgive if I sound like a b*tch. I feel a ton better now that I expressed myself.
To be fair, I was speaking more of the people living in that region. Nearly every Muslim I know of in the west has a much more level head. Sure they may not like someone insulting the prophet or Allah, but they aren't about to go drag them through the streets because of it.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: