View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #22
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
So people are born terrorist? That is all we need to know. Sorry I just would like to know why people would consider strapping a bomb to themselves a good option. However, I have no doubt that we will continue to treat the symptoms instead of trying to see if there is a cure to the disease. It will end up being just as successful as our war on drugs.
I don't believe I said that people are born terrorists. Some are pre-disposed to listening to the rantings of lunatics. Do you try to understand the KKK? Do you wonder how we could make them happy? They make their own reason for hate, whether real or imagined. Just as some people in the US are more likely to listen to and agree with Rush or Beck others are likely to listen to the rantings of raving lunatics over there.

Note: I'm saying they are more like us than either side would like to admit, it's just that Rush and Beck aren't actually getting people to strap bombs to themselves.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: