Thread: 9/11
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #32
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
Why is this a bad thing?
Who said it was bad?

Was just saying the country is divided and it is really difficult to build a consensus on any issue when we can't get even agree with ourselves on the best course of action. Opinions are not bad, but in a Republic it is really difficult not to have a consensus when working together and compromise is consider a weakness by our own vocal extremist.

Quote:
As far as I can tell, the reason there is a war on drugs, is because people are willing to fight for drugs when they're opposed; which in turn comes from the appeal of drugs, which is that they alter natural brain chemistry to produce naturally desirable effects. Basically, human neuroanatomy, combined with the fact that there are such things as hard drugs.
And we are treating that right? No, we are not. We are just throwing money at housing these people in prison.

Quote:
What do you think is the reason for the war on terrorism?
we were attacked. That is the reason we are at war, but that does not explain why someone would think it is in their best interest to die killing westerners.

Quote:
It appears to me to be an issue of morality. The extremists were acting on according to a morality derived from a religion whose holy texts define the destruction of people not part of that religion, as righteous.
It is people using religious text to convince people murder is justified. Someone could use the same religious text to convince the acceptable that it was wrong. You could use the bible to do the same thing the Koran is not the only book that can be interrupted and used to convince people to believe what they want to believe. So the question is still the same what makes people acceptable to such suggestions?

Last edited by mimartin; 09-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: