Thread: 9/11
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #36
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
commie/pinko/liberal/whatever?
humor... Not Kavars was trying humor at my own expense. Sorry.

Again, I don't care about a terrorist, I don't care about making them happy. There is no helping or making them happy that will change anything. I would like to know how to PREVENT FUTURE GENERATIONS FROM BECOMING TERRORIST.

No clue what would do that, but just say teaching people to critically think would cut down on the problem in the future. It would be cheaper and less destructive to help these countries build schools than to keep sending our money and our soldiers over there. NOT SAYING THAT IS THE ANSWER, BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT TAKEN THE TIME TO KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, just using it as a example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
So you consider the US's method of going about the 'war on terror' to be wrong, like it's methods in the war on drugs. What I want to know is what you think should be done differently.
Yes, we are doing it wrong... We are using the military to fight a war on terrorism, when this is more a police action than a military action. When you have boots on the ground and soldiers in your country, it is a military invasion no matter the reason. When you violate your on Constitution it makes you look like hypercritics not beacons of freedom. I could care less what the terrorist think about us, but I do care about how we look to rest world and more important to me, I care about how we look to ourselves.

You can say they are over reacting, well I can’t speaking for the rest of the US, put if a foreign country would come into Texas to liberate us, we would consider them the enemy too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
Forgive me, but I'm not really sure what you're saying here. I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not.
Agreeing, just saying the Koran does not have the monopoly on it. People use the Bible to manipulate just as easily.

Last edited by mimartin; 09-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: