View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
Gatherum
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Perhaps it wasn't made clear to you earlier, but it's that cracked swkotor2.exe that you're using that's causing this. There is no crack for KotOR 2 that is properly patched to version 2.1, and it's with version 2.1 that the swoop racing bug you're experiencing was finally fixed. The only way to fix that bug is to use the swkotor2.exe that is included with the 1.02b patch along with the original game disk.

As far as widescreen goes, KotOR 2 supports 1280x768 natively by changing the width and height values under both [Display Options] and [Graphics Options] in the swkotor2.ini file and letting either your monitor or GPU scale it up from there. No mod and crack required. Not perfect, but neither is the mod, because the HUD is still stretched and fugly anyway.

And, finally, using that piece-of-crap "1.0c patch" along with TSLRCM is a recipe for disaster, not to mention completely unnecessary, as TSLRCM already fixes everything that 1.0c claims to fix, and does so without stolen work. There are just way too many conflicting files, there, and I have no idea why anyone would even want to attempt it.
There is a separate companion mod (?) to UniWS that fixes the HUD, which I also have installed.

Still, I'll have a gander at your claim at a later time.

It would seem that Xenon claimed somewhere else that not all, but most, of the work was hers and/or that credit was never claimed for those portions that weren't, but frankly, I don't really care. I wasn't even here yet when all of that happened and I have no way of knowing how much truth or lie is associable with either side of the debate. At any rate, know that I am aware of the grievances and that if it is any consolation, I am not using the patch, nor plan to as long as TSLRCM supersedes it anyway. Also, said patch isn't exactly available readily anymore. You kind of have to dig for it across the torrent sites, and even then, it's a matter of seeds.

Last edited by Gatherum; 09-16-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Gatherum is offline   you may: quote & reply,