View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Lord Tuvitor
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKTemplar View Post
I recently acquired the Steam versions of both K1 and TSL for the pc, however I'm having issues getting Kotor Tool to detect both games in the registry. While I only had the first game installed it didn't detect it, but when I installed both games it only detected K1 but not TSL.

So far, I've manually added the game paths to the Path Manager and it detects K1 without a problem, but it won't detect TSL. Is there a way to manually tweak one of the settings files so it detects TSL in the registry, or is there some other way to make Kotor Tool detect TSL?

My game paths are both:

steam/steamapps/common/swkotor
steam/steamapps/common/Knights of the Old Republic II
Steam doesn't write to registry that KotOR II is installed, so what you need to do is:

1. Open regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ on 32 Bit Windows, or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node on 64 Bit Windows.
3. Add Key: "LucasArts" (no quotes)
4. Add Key to LucasArts Key: "KotOR2" (no quotes)
5. Add String Value to KotOR2 Key: "Path" (no quotes) with data set to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\" (no quotes) on 32-bit Windows, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\" on 64-bit windows.

If you properly create TSL's registry key, then Kotor Tool will have no problem detecting TSL.

--
Lord Tuvitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,