View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #192
PeterLinfield
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
You should use the manual patch, and set it to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode as an administrator.

All of the game's executables should be set like that in the original CD version.
When you say manual patch, I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to. The Update section of the Launcher? Or is this something else all together? I have it set to run in XP SP2 compatibilty mode, and have tried to run it as an administrator. So I just need to use the manual patch, I suppose. But I'm not sure what that is.

EDIT: Okay, so I went ahead and ran the Update contained in the Launcher. (I figured if that was a bad call, I can easily uninstall and reinstall with no ground lost.) So it launches, checks my hardware, passes, and then drops this error of madness on me. (Screenshot it for ease: http://imageshack.us/a/img829/5156/kotorerror.png)

Is there something I should do from this point? Should I reinstall KOTOR and then do something? Thanks for all the help, it means a lot!

Last edited by PeterLinfield; 10-22-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Updating my situation, avoiding a doublepost.
PeterLinfield is offline   you may: quote & reply,