Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
That was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
you can't have a bunch of 50/60/70 years olds playing the parts.
While I agreed with pretty much everything else you said in this post, I wonder if Christopher Lee would have taken exception to this at the filming of ROTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post

I still get people telling me off on my YouTube videos every now-and-then for playing the games wrong. Then I tell them off for having such a narrow mind and do it in such a way so they're offended by my response. I continue to play with them for a bit by provoking them where they really defend their view and then I really insult their narrow view and how the KOTOR are role playing games and how I should be able to make whatever choices I want to make and insult them really badly and block them from being able to respond just at the right point where they are really frustrated with me. Fun stuff!
Oh yeah. I've done that. My vids I no longer have up there weren't much to speak of anyway but yeah, it never seems to fail that YT trolls always have some denigrating thing to say. So I would do that same thing. Usually I'd continue to pound on their comment once or twice more after blocking them.

Even better is when they try to pick on something about myself or my channel, and I go into theirs and uncover that they themselves have some embarrassing traits and use it against them. Or if they hide all their activity I usually point out what an anonymous coward they are for being such "tough people" on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
EPISODE VII
A NEW HIP

View page
YouTube Video
I've dealt with so many people who got hip replacements this year, this just put it in a totally different light. That's good stuff. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
My only hope is that their focus won't be entirely kids. I just hope whatever they do, they take it seriously.
Bingo. Probably accounts for half of the franchises I've been turned off from. As a kid I didn't like kiddish stuff, I liked the stoicism and seriousness of productions.

*cue person talking about how fans don't know what is best forthe bottom line of a business*

I tend to disagree that Ewoks were absolutely so horrible of a step (ok maybe I'm biased since I actually know somebody who played a few Ewoks, Daniel Rogers), but when the storyline gets too dumbed down, over simplified, cute, or everything just plain sugar-coated, *that's* when I start to have problems.

If people could just leave well enough alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I'm glad to see that the marjority of the responses have been the wait and see to positive variety. Can it be that LF isn't all cynical fanboys?
Well...Cynical but that isn't usually the first stop we make because life is too short. You know exactly what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I don't like it... despite what people think of Lucas and his treatment of Star Wars over the last few years, I always liked the fact that LucasFilm was independent.
Very much agree here.

There is something to be said and respected about being an entrepreneur who is particular about his product. One can't help but respect at least that aspect if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
I still think It's bizarre how he was willing to relinquish his leash like that... seeing how hard he fought for creative control back when he made the original Star Wars.
I agree, but what can we say? Times change and so do people, I guess. At least now he can say it's someone else's fault if it gets screwed up.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,