View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #12
Red Hessian

Current Game: Oblivion
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
I'm having this problem too: whenever I try to download from File/Gamefront, I'm met with a "This web page has not been found" error in Chrome ("File not found" in Firefox). Mod screenshots don't show up either.

It's pretty inconveniencing. I have not idea what's causing this; I've successfully downloaded from Filefront for years.

I managed to get around the problem by using a proxy, specifically, incloak.com.

Here's how to do it:

1. Go to the Filefront mod you want to get. (For example, Jedi Academy Mod Manager.)
2. Copy the page URL from address bar. (In this case, "http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/JAMM_Jedi_Academy_Mod_Manager;100577")
3. Go to incloak.com, and paste the Filefront page URL into the main box, and click "Hide me"

Now you should be able to see screenshots, and be able to download. It's not as fast as accessing the site normally, but it's better than nothing.

(Alternatively, you can proxy the Gamefront download page, or even the file's download URL. Whichever way you want. Proxying the Filefront page lets you see mod screenshots, so IMO that's the best method)

Thanks JIGOS! Worked like a charm!
Red Hessian is offline   you may: quote & reply,