View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I'm... assuming you mean TPM, the "good and important" part is throwing me off lol.
Whatever.

Quote:
I watched the order he suggested and it seemed to work, with the only problem being the mentioning of Qui-Gonn during a few occasions. The lack of detail about the events without viewing TPM end up feeling like ANH does at the start with all of this pre-established stuff you haven't really heard about but have apparently happened so it works in that regard.
I think TPM does have that ANH feeling but both movies end up introducing important elements that are relevant and will continue to be later on. TPM introduces Qui-Gon, the Jedi Order, the Sith, Naboo, Padmé, Anakin, the Prophecy, Anakin's discovery and relationship with Padmé and his mother, the Trade Federation, Palpatine's rise to power, among many other things like themes, tech, visuals, relationships, etc... So why avoid watching this movie? The "reasons" presented there seems to be nothing more than a childish rant that should have ended many years ago.

Quote:
And yeah, he acknowledges in his entry that someone did come up with the order of 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 before him.... if you actually read the entry.
I've read it many months ago. I still think people shouldn't refer to it that way (unless the "avoid Episode I" part is really that relevant).

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.

Last edited by Alexrd; 11-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,