View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Darth Avlectus
@Darth Avlectus
It's your uncle...
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sandy Shores
Posts: 4,365
Current Game: GTA V
MMMMMM. Roaches.

Wouldn't you just *love* to eat some roaches? This guy did...

MIAMI - A Florida man choked to death after downing dozens of live roaches during a contest earlier this year in which the grand prize was a python, an autopsy released Monday concluded.

Edward Archbold, 32, of West Palm Beach died as a result of "asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents," according to the report released by the Broward County medical examiner's office.

Lab tests for drugs came back negative. The death has been ruled an accident.

Archbold died after downing the bugs as well as worms in October for the contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, about 40 miles north of Miami.

Messages left with the store's owner and his attorney were not immediately returned.

Archbold became ill shortly after the contest and collapsed in front of the store. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

About 30 contestants ate the insects, but authorities said none of the other contestants became ill.

Read more:
Choking to death on your own puke. Yeah. I really want to be remembered for that.

"I wasn't counting cards, I was cheating."
"Ugh. you give me hives."
"It's Tee-revor time!!!"

--Trevor Phillips
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,