View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
When I played as a Sith Marauder (using Carnage spec), I ran from no one... okay I ran from a couple of fights, but the best way I knew of to deal with them was to simply give a full-on attack with myself and Vette. Why? Because it took less time to kill the mob than it does to run away... like I'm talking literally a couple of seconds here as both Vette and I killinate the entire mob with such ease.

There's very little you can do to screw up unless you agro multiple mobs and even then you still have a chance if you kill them fast enough before they kill you. Plus it's quite a rush when it does happen anyway since the majority of the time when it happened to me... I survived. Vette didn't, but I did and I'd have to dismiss and call her back quite a few times lol.

The point is... everything falls before you in an instant, and that is good.

Also, ease of tanking depends on the class you choose. I haven't done tanking with the Guardian/Juggernaught or Shadow/Assassin, but most people tend to agree that Vanguard/Powertech tanks are the easiest to pick up... at least I found it particularly easy to pick up and not long ago I was totally new to MMOs and chose the Vanguard in tank spec as my main. Vanguards/Powertechs tend to have a lot of mobility which is probably why a lot of people find them easier to use, though compared to the other types of tanks, they're not considered the best, just the easiest to pick up.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,