View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Exclamation "There can be only one!" The Highlander appreciation thread

From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now.

A movie about immortals, directed by an Australian, starring a US born actor who spent his childhood in Geneva, giving rise to another actor who would go on to play some pretty badass roles and supported by that man with the Scottish accent. It's a strange movie full of awesomeness but spawned sequels and a series of utter failures after it.

I remember the first time I saw it, it was in the mid-90s and it was one of the first fantasy movies I saw that had swords and warriors that wasn't Star Wars. Of course, at the time I never really appreciated it as much as I did in later years, especially seeing other many other movies over the years.

It's a hell of a movie and deserves to be appreciated, it's definitely one of those movies I think everyone should see.

In the end, there can be only one!

View page
YouTube Video

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,