View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
so far, there hasn't been any real big games this year, at least in the "Amazing" department. there's been plenty of blockbusters like ME3, Halo 4, and AC3. now don't get me wrong, those games have been very, very good, but there just hasn't been that game that just blew me out of the water this year. i can think back to my favorite games of the past couple of years like Shogun 2: Total War, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, The Witcher 2, and even prequels to this year's crop like Mass Effect 2 or Assassin's Creed 2, and the games that have come out this year just don't measure up as well.

this is going to sound weird, but the most fun i've had with a game this year isn't even on this list: Forza Horizon. its the best open world driving game bar none. the cars drive pretty closely to real cars, the backdrop of Colorado is spectacular, and they just flat out treat cars right. its the most fun i've had all year with a video game, and that's why it gets my top vote.

however, Horizon still doesn't quite reach the lofty standards of the past couple of years. just my 2 pennies.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,