View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #50
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

It's necro time! I just wanted to point out an obvious flaw in the thinking that the masked idea wouldn't have worked for light side players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
For me, neither makes much sense.

Why would Revan want to be remembered of his past self that much? Wearing that robe again would be the best way to have that.

As for the Exile, that was an idea related to the speculation regarding him/her and Nihilus being the same person. Again, that would only make sense if he/she was set as darksided.
Does anyone really think two people would have taken on a whole army? I don't think so. The best way to beat the true Sith would have been to infiltrate one of their factions and instigate a civil war from within. I think that's what Revan ended up trying to do, by teaming up with Scourge.

So light side Revan and Exile would also have been wearing the mask and robes. If you don't agree with that, then how do you propose how Revan was fighting the Sith all that time? I just hate how the canon Revan was portrayed in the MMO.

Instead of that, we could have had a masked Revan and Exile (wearing the mask of Nihilus, as Avellone said he intended him to be the Exile's other half) fighting the true Sith. The player could have selected Revan and the Exile's gender and alignment and the game could have taken place a few years after TSL, not 300 years later. Way to go Drew, way to go BioWare. Oh well, what's done is done.
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,