View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #13
Aaron00018
Rookie

Current Game: kotor 1 + 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
No problem. The only things I can't help with are modelling, sound creation, and texturing. I was a newbie like you and had no idea what I was doing. What I know now is the result of ten months cooped up in my room and school, learning as I went and experimenting a lot. My mods, if you're interested, are at Deadlystream, which seems to be down right now.

If it helps, I specialize in scripting and dialogue writing. A free sample, and part of an upcoming mod if modelers and area skinners wanna give it a try, is here.
Thank you Fair Strides. I definitely appreciate all your kindness and help!

I will tell you right now, for scripting, I do not know how to add a journal . Like for example, I've got my new Jedi Master character added to the party, yet I want to have a Journal added saying something like "You've been given a Master to help guide you.....".

So I'm not sure how to do that, the other Most important thing is, I want to have my "Master Aaron" character (the added party member), perhaps -{though I'm not certain yet} to fight Revan at the end , like , when the mainplayer chooses the dark side at the rakata temple ,and then returns to the group...

you know? just as mission and zaalbar fight Revan then.....

The other thing I do not know how to do yet, is like, what kind of script to put in and where, for dialogue, to determine if my party member "Master Aaron", will say one thing or another dependent upon whether something else has already been said, if you know what I mean.

Today I'm writing dialogue for my character. There's alot to do, as I'm sure you already know what I'm going through while I am a "newbie" .

One thing I did notice (as I have yet to play through the entire disc since I bought it for my computer, while before-ways I use to do so on the xbox), is that there seems to be an added destination in the navigator
on the Ebon Hawk. "Yavin" ...?!? Is that something Bioware added later?
Is there a purpose to that place?

Anyhow, I didn't get no where near as far as I wanted yesterday with my work, yet here goes "nothing" as they say LOL.

I appreciate your help, any help you may give advice or tips on, Fair Strides and indeed anyone else here as well !

Thank you for being open about that which you know and do not know about this stuff.

Anyways, I have a bad habit of talking way too much, so I better stop for now.

I also have a terrible memory , though that's due to being an extremely old man LOL. I'm sure there was something important to ask , I know there was.
Hopefully I will remember soon enough....

May the Force Be With you

-Aaron
Aaron00018 is offline   you may: quote & reply,