View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Revan sama
Rookie

Current Game: Mass effect.
-Sayonara ore no ichiban itoshii sekai (Goodbye my most precious world)-

Chapter 3: The Endar spire.

A year.

An entire year, living only because he was alive.
A year of work and hardship without using the force. Of hiding his existence from Darth Malak.
Keepings secret reports to the Jedi council about his progression. Seriously, he didn't had the time of getting bored.

It's been quite a while ever since Malak, his closest friend has betrayed him in such a cheap way.

He could have at least the decency to ask for a duel, but things were different now.
Revan remembered a certain quote of one of his former Jedi Master:

"If things are the way they are now, it is because it was bound to be this way.
There is no need to think about 'what if?' when you have to concentrate on the present."

Master Kreia sure had always been so critical. But he has know that she was this way only to improve himself.
He felt guilty inside, it was his fault if she had been exiled, but he didn't regret going to the war against the Mandalorians for the republic.

There was however one thing that has been bothering Revan before leaving discreetly the enclave Jedi.
The Jedi council accepted to do as he said...at one condition :

"When everything will be over with Malak, we won't release you from your memories so easily.
We need prove that you will redeem yourself before we decide to change you into a normal person without the force.
If we hear that you continue the path of the dark side, we will imprison you for the greatest good of the galaxy. Is it clear?"

Jedi doesn't kill their prisoners, huh?

How hypocrite...

But then again, Revan wasn't any better. He told them this was for revenge against Malak...it wasn't completely true.
But if he had told them the truth, they either wouldn't understand or believe him.

Before gold turn into dust.
Before night turn into day.

Before Revan would lose his memories and the force at the end of his new journey,
he wanted to know, no, he needed to know, what kind of a person was the Jedi who saved him.

Even thought she was young, she must have fully understood, that he was a monster.
He had done many terrible things, turned Jedi into dark Jedi, crush everything in his way, and many other horrors...

The Jedi council, wouldn't have been upset if she had just let him die.
Either she was too naive and believed in the code Jedi...like he did before. Or, she had a very kind heart.

Either ways, she let him alive, healed him and cried for him.

She was far more pure than anyone he had met before. Anybody else would have let him die on that cold bridge for what he did, but she didn't.

He could still feel it, the touch of his hand on her wet cheek.

Wet with tears of purity. Such a rare sight, to see a Jedi cry.
Usually, once a Jedi become a master and grew older, he or she become more...pragmatic.

Reality can sometime hit you really hard. A mother and child in danger, one left and one right...which one will you save?
This was just an example, there was far more worse scenarios than this.

When he thought about her...about the female Jedi who saved his life and soul, he couldn't help but selfishly hope this: if only things could stay this way forever.

The wall of her soul was as white as snow. However this wall could be easily tainted with the right moment, the right speech and the right promise.

The simple thought of Malak or anyone tainting the soul of that young woman, made Revan's blood boiled. No...I must keep my cool while the whole journey. thought Revan.

Now he wasn't Revan anymore, for now he was Vaner, a young mercenary working for the republic for one year.
Doing difficult missions only given to the elite. And those mission weren't always noble...Assassination, trading with smugglers for Medipacs, weapons, shields and such,...

The republic has noble objectives, bring peace to the galaxy and defeat the sith.
But behind the curtain, the republic used many dirty tricks just as anybody else.

Just how do you want me to go back to the light with such a dirty society. Thought Vaner as he went back to his room to sleep.

He was on the Endar Spire, a hammerhead-class cruiser who served with the galactic republic Navy.

The female Jedi who saved him (He raged for forgetting asking her name to the Jedi council),
was probably aboard. He hasn't saw her yet, but knowing the Jedi council, it wouldn't take much time for her to talk to him.
Maybe tomorrow. He has finished his duty for today and he could use some rest.

He has fallen asleep and drifted far away from the Endar Spire.

Until...

BOOM!

A big explosion woke up Vaner from his slumber.

Really now, Malak? You were always late at our sith lords reunions but to crush the endar spire you are right on time? Seriously? Thought annoyed Vaner.

He got up, saw more explosions and small starship shooting at the Endar Spire.

But behind was a starship bigger than his former ship.

The Leviathan...

Suddenly a voice came from behind Vaner: "We are under attack! Now is not the time to look outside the window! Hurry up, we don't have much time!"

He turned around to see a...Blondie?

"What is it? Why are you looking at me like this?" asked the 'Blondie'.

"Who are you?" asked Vaner, with the urge to add Blondie at the end of the question.

"I'm Trask Ulgo and-"

"Trash?"

"No! TRASK! it's a 'k'. I'm your bunkmate here on the Endar Spire. We work opposite shifts, I guess that's why you haven't seen me before."

"Oh, I see."

"Don't *oh I see* me, mister! Now hurry up, we have to find Bastila! We have to make sure she makes it off the ship alive!"

Vaner looked at him with an odd look on his face.

"What?" asked Trask.

"We are under attack by Sith cruisers plus that giant starship AND all YOU can think about is food? !"

Ah?

"What are you talking about?" asked Trask, unsure about what he just heard. Does this man think we were on a picnic? Why is he talking about food at a time like this? !

"So go find your Chicken Pastilla Alone."

"Y-You, do you realize that I said BASTILA and not PASTILLA!"

Oh...

"Now this is embarrassing hehe."

"Don't say *hehe* !" Trask sighed and said : "Geez, are you really the mercenary I've heard about? I can't believe it."

He looked now at Vaner with a cold stare.

Ah, he probably heard about the assassination and smuggler trade. thought Vaner somberly.

"I know your reputation, a lone mercenary working undercover for the republic.
You've done many things that can't be judged as...good. But you are on our side, so I won't say anything about it."

With determination, Trask told Vaner: "Either way, we are soldier. Bastila is responsible of this mission and we need to help her in any way we can."

Responsible of this mission?

Could it be?

This Bastila person and the female Jedi who saved him...

Were one same person!

"Alright. Let's go help Bastila. I'll change clothe immediately."

Trask Ulgo waited impatiently that Vaner got dressed.

However he was quite surprised, the mercenary wasn't wearing a big armor.

He was wearing light black clothes and only two short Vibroblades.

Vaner seemed to notice his gaze and told him: "I feel much lighter in this than in an armor"

But there isn't much protection left, thought Trask.

"Good now let us go find Bastila soon as possible!"

As Vaner put his black gloves on, he said "Yeah, let's go"

END CHAPTER 3

NEXT CHAPTER 4: The sacrifice of Blondie.

The more the difficulty, the more the glory.

Last edited by Revan sama; 02-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Revan sama is offline   you may: quote & reply,