View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Tatooine
Mos Eisley Cantina

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help but admire your amazing display of sheer power. Stormtroopers make me ill."

The chiss turned away from his drink to look down at the woman. "A lot of people these days share that opinion." He muttered. "Stormtroopers are cowards, they only attack when they find someone weaker then they are or when they're numbers give them an advantage."

"My name is Enobaria Votric, and I was wondering if you knew anything about infiltrating Tusken camps without a fight."

The chiss raised his eyebrows in surprise. Usually people didn't mind taking out a few tusken raiders and no one had ever asked him how to get by them without a fight. Not that he didn't know but still...it was an unusual question.

Daceros turned towards the bar and grabbed his drink before turning back to face the woman and the Rodian.

"Didn't think I'd ever hear someone ask how to get by Tusken raiders without a fight. Usually people want to know the best way to kill them."

The chiss extended one of his armored hands. "The name is Daceros. And to answer your question there are a few ways to avoid battles with them. The first is a stealth field generator. Just make sure you don't wear one during a sand storm. The sand is small enough to get through and wreck havoc with the circuits which can cause it to go offline."

"Second way is to try and sneak in at night with a stealth field generator. At night most of them are either out looking for water and food or sleeping. A quiet person can sneak in the camp, take what they need and leave without a fight."

"I myself prefer the direct approach when it comes to dealing with them. I've been stuck on tatooine for nearly seven moths now and I've dealt with them a few times while out in the Dune sea. The best way to earn their respect is to issue a challenge to their leader and win or defeat one of their scouting parties. When my ship crashed on tatooine I was stuck in the dune sea for around three days before I was found by a tusken raider scouting party. I managed to defeat them but I didn't kill them."

Daceros grinned as he remembered that event. "Eventually I ran out of water and I guess they must have been watching me. I passed out and the next thing I knew was that I woke up in one of the sand people camps. They could have killed me at any time but they didn't."

The chiss shook his head. "One of the few things Tusken raiders respect is strength. If you can overcome their scouting parties or show them your strength through some other means you should be fine."
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,