Thread: An Xbox Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
An Xbox Dilemma

As the title says, I'm in a bit of a dilemma and hope you guys can help me out. The last console I bought was a Sega Mega Drive (aka Sega Genesis), so I'm a bit out of the loop on these matters.

I'm a PC gamer at heart, but unfortunately not every game is released on (or ported to) PC, as such I became interested on an Xbox 360 (slim). I saw one on a store at $190 (or 150€). The Xbox would be used to play some console exclusive games like Red Dead Redemption and the like.

- Do you think this is a good deal, or is the announcement of the next Xbox expected to lead to a price to drop? Wouldn't it make sense that they mantain the price in order to avoid people buying an 360 instead of the new one?
- Do users with Xbox Live Free have access to the Marketplace?
- I would be buying the 4GB version and buy an hard drive later on. Do I need to buy an official hard drive, or an unbranded one does the trick?
- Can I use my laptop as a display?
- Any reason for why I should avoid buying it? I admit that I'm afraid to not use it as often as I would like to in order to make the investment worthwhile.

I probably have more questions, but for now I will leave these here.

Thanks in advance.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,