Thread: An Xbox Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #33
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Because it has a controller capable of motion controls doesn't actually mean every game uses it. Plus you also have to understand that there's motion controls, aka "waggle" and pointer controls... which is basically just aiming the Wiimote at the sensor bar to... well, aim. Works really well in Metroid Prime with Samus' armcannon and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories with the flashlight.

I didn't like the motion control stuff on Wii either, but I loved the aim controls for the system, it's one of the best things about the system that I miss on Wii U because it takes a backseat to the GamePad. Most of the games I absolutely adore for Wii don't actually use motion controls, and a lot of them don't even use any of the newer control options Wii introduced and simply use buttons and analog sticks.

Again, people see a sytem that has an added control option and assume that's how most of the games will run and that they're all based on you waving your arms around like an idiot.

If that were true, I wouldn't have bought the games I bought... cause I agree with all of you, that kind of stuff is stupid and I don't want to play that kind of stuff either... but stuff like Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn don't have that kind of jazz...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,