View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #651
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovemaster View Post
Hey! I'm glad it wasn't effort in vain, I just ran out of time to work on the projects. To be honest all my projects now are for the iPhone, and while brushing up on a bit of C I thought back to when I used to write mods for this game and figured I'd have to have a look and see if everyone is still about here aha.

As I recall, the plan for the game mode was the two game types (it's been years so I can't remember the details) we planned on doing a tournament style game in rounds of increasing difficulty and a final horribly difficult boss battle and then epic rewards in the form of SG weapons and armour.. I think I was experimenting with bullet types and stuff to get grenade launchers and lightning guns and other cool stuff that actually made the games worth playing.

Erm, as far as I remember Skirmish was going to be a kill rewards system where by you are faced against waves after waves of enemies and interval boss fights for 100 rounds or as best as you can manage and you get a better reward tiered to 10 round upgrades.

That's as far as I remember, and I'm definitely up for sticking around but I really don't have time to work, I doubt I can even remember much of Bioware's Aurora Engine haha
I'd be happy to carry on your experiments. As it is, I figured that's what you wanted and know how to implement it, but need time and a modding computer. But I promise you, it will see the light of day.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,