I'll admit this is a small mod. It does one thing, but it does that one thing exactly as I imagined it a few years ago, before I had acquired the skills to properly execute it. This mod adds a workshop to the Ebon Hawk
's garage, with which you can construct or deconstruct lightsabers and lightsaber components. It won't affect the Crafting a Lightsaber quest at all, for the record; you still have to acquire those three parts and take them to Bao-Dur. After that, however, you can use the workshop to create more of these parts and combine them with a crystal to get a new lightsaber, or to break down one to rebuild it as another type of saber, which is what the above screenshots show.
In short, you have more control over your lightsabers; you can create sabers out of crystals and components, and you can change lightsaber type at will.
- It IS compatible with TSLRCM and any other mods that alter k_003ebo_enter.ncs, provided you follow the instructions in the readme.
- It IS compatible with mods that alter the workbench. This places two new placeables on the Ebon Hawk and utilizes different 2DAs for the upgrade screen, so it doesn't affect the workbench at all.
- It SHOULD be compatible with saber mods, but with limited function. Basically it will install fine, and it will work with the game's sabers, but I can't guarantee it will work with custom ones.
- I do have a couple ideas for additional features, such as a way to synthesize crystals so you can theoretically make as many sabers as you want, so yes, there will probably be updates.
- Also, I am considering adding support for other hilts, provided I get permission to use the models. But that would really expand the scope of the project, so I wanted to get everything I've done so far out first. So we'll see.