View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #859
maltron66
Rookie

My father introduced me to rock and metal when I was little, so his tastes have influenced me a lot. Here are my favourite artists:

Ronnie James Dio (My favourite power metal artist and all-time favourite metal artist. His thematology draws its themes from the Middle Ages. I juct can't pick songs, but for one thing, he was a genius of a songwriter, singer and a very outgoing and friendly person. May he rest in peace...)
Metallica (even today it's the biggest thrash metal band in the world. I love both the lyrics and the sound of them. Again, too many favourites songs to choose.)
Scorpions (They may be old, but nonetheless, thei music never dies. I just can't choose a song right now...)
AC-DC (I just love Rock n Roll bands with the sound of heavy metal in them. Too many songs...)
Creedence Clearwater Revival (My favourite 60s rock band. Their music was awesome and John Fogerty is an amazing vocalist. My fav songs would be "I heard it through the grapevine" and "Fortunate son".)
Bad Company (Synonym of an "English rock supergroup". My fav songs are "Bad Company" and "Ready for love".)

Apart from rock and metal, I love:

The Blues Brothers (The only blues band I know of, their music is awesome, and so was their first movie/musical. "Theme from Rawhide", "She caught the Katy" and "Sweet home Chicago" are my favourite songs of them.)
Ray Charles (He was a pioneer when it came to music. A great songwriter, singer and piano player. "Hit the road Jack" is absolutely my favourite song of his.)
John Williams (need I say anything?)
Enno Morricone (His music is more than excellent. Even if you haven't heard of him, you still must have heard some of his music. My favourite songs of him would be the themes from the movies "The untouchables" and "A fistful of dollars".)
Randy Newman (I fell in love with his music when I was a little, back when I watched 3 Pixar movies a day. Those were days...)
Other songs I like:
Theme from "The last of the Mohicans" by Trevor Jones
Theme from "Crimson Tide" by Hans Zimmer
Theme from "The hunt for Red Octomber" by Vasilis Polydouris
Theme from "Terminator 2" by Brad Fiedel (Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Pho3nix!)
Theme from "The last legion" by Patrick Doyle
Theme from "Mission Impossible" by Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, Jr.
Theme from "The godfather" by Nino Rota

Last edited by maltron66; 07-17-2013 at 12:17 PM.
maltron66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,