View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Emulators have nothing to do with piracy? Well, yeah, if you want to go into the legal gray area bit about the emulators THEMSELVES. You can download all of the emulators you want and it's all legal... the emulators ONLY. As soon as you download the games you never owned or paid for... BZZZT piracy. Let's not pretend it's not.

As for piracy as a problem, it's about evenly spread everywhere, it's not a "it's more on consoles" thing... if people want it, it'll be pirated, consoles, PC, whatever. It's dead simple to find a pirated version of any game, it's not like there's a secret society preventing PC games from being pirated just so PC gamers can continue to feel some kind of false sense of superiority XD ...that would be pretty cool though, some kind of PC gamer illuminaty deal.

I also laugh a little at the thought of missing out on games because it's not worth the price.Jeez, if I had that mind set, I wouldn't have bought a second hand PS2 for 50AUD and a tonne of really cheap PS2 games which were all exclusive must play titles (most of them NEW). I would have missed out on so much which I had gotten so easily. Of course, I guess if you didn't care, you cuold pirate all of that stuff and then try to justify it and say it's not actually piracy because those companies wouldn't have made money off of you anyway...

Back to the topic though... I'm still leaning toward PS4 as my multiplatform console of choice... I still don't like the idea of the XBO watching me constantly with Kinect.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,