View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #22
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Is there a way for me to play console games using the original discs/carts that I bought? Tell me how, I've only assumed you could only get illegally obtained ROMs and ISOs to work with emulators, but if there's a way for me to insert my legit copy of The Last of Us into my PC BD drive and play it, I'm all for that... so where do I go, how do I make this happen? Doesn't have to be PS3, you seem to know about this more than I do, I'd like to know what you know so that I can have a backup plan in case my one or more of my consoles die.
Admittedly, I haven't fiddled around with any PS3 or xBox emulators, so to avoid talking out of my ass I'll limit this to the PS1 and PS2 emulators which do allow you to boot the game from your disc. They both, however, do require a console BIOS in order to run the games, which can be a bit of a gray area to obtain, I'll give you that. The games themselves, however, do not need to be obtained in any illegal looking fashion.

Quote:
However, this should be absolutely no problem for PC with the PS4/XBO since their architecture is the closest to PCs as it's ever been. Games that aren't bought or natural exclusives are going to be easily available on PS4, XBO and PC with very little fuss.
I hope so.

Quote:
That's the other extreme... but I already mentioned that you can wait for prices to drop to a reasonable amount and then buy those "must have" games... I mean, you make it sound like consoles and their games stay at full launch price forever and that's the ONLY option any one has.
I agree that waiting for a price drop is the way to go. But, even though the prices don't stay high forever, they do tend to stay at "full launch" level quite long, at least where I live. So again, depending on your part of the world, different prices and discount opportunities will or will not be available to you.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,