View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
Outskirts of Las Vegas

"You...You've either been gone for a very long time or your new here," The girl told him softly. "I'm sorry to tell you this...but Thor died nearly sixty years ago. Nearly all of the heroes died the same night he did. It was the night the heroes fell. The Fantastic Four, The X-Men, The Avengers, they all died that night."

"Noooooo~" Beta Ray Bill gasped out at the news. All his friends and allies, dead. That would explain why his brother-in-arms, The Silver Surfer, never returned......Why 'Stormbreaker' was so troubled.

"And I found found Mjolnir when I was being chased by thugs a few months ago. I...was scared. More scared than I ever was before in my life. I was running and I came across the site of Thor's last battle, his hammer hadn't been lifted since the night he died no one could lift it." The young woman inhaled deeply. "I expected to die that night, thousands of people had come to the hammer to pray to it that the heroes would come back but they never did. And I grabbed it and I heard this voice in my head. It told me that, 'Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.'"

The girl shook her head. "There was this light...and the hammer was in my hands and they ran away. I swear on my life that's the truth. If you doubt me then let me hold the hammer so I can prove it."

Beta Ray Bill was devastated, but not stupid, he would not give her a potential weapon, yet......Did it not mean that if she could lift it, that there was valor in her equal to Thor and himself? If so, then what had he to fear from her? And if she were not worthy then he had nothing to fear, as she would be unable to lift it.

He pondered his options for a moment, all the while his mind reeling from the shock of hearing the news of his fallen comrades. Beta Ray slumped into a chair, leaning forward, arms on his knees as he held the two mighty hammers in each hand firmly; his weight barely tolerated by the old recliner.

"Wait...you said that Thor was your Oath Brother. You knew Thor?" The girl suddenly asked in an unexpected alteration of disposition.

Beta Ray Bill finally responded to her, his mind finally catching up to the question, "Aye, I did know him, I fought with him. Thor was my 'Oath Brother', for I had pledged to be there in his times of need, but........It seems I have failed him in my promise to him, and for that I have nothing but regret."

Bill shook his head, closing his eyes in remorse, speaking solemnly, "I knew and fought alongside many of the heroes of which you speak. I was counted among them during my time here. And Thor, I fought alongside him in defense of Asgard itself! He with mighty Mjolnir!" Bill lifted the worn hammer before his and her gaze with a nostalgic smile, well, what one could only guess was a smile on his face.

"And I, with the powerful 'Stormbreaker'!" He lowered Mjolnir, and lifted his own metallic-golden hammer before their gazes. He lowered it, staring at the girl with a brutally hard stare. "Neither hammer may be lifted by anyone, save for those deemed worthy. They must have valor and honor, be humble and selfless, noble and kind, but above all, willing to do what they must, whether it be slay or die, for those they wish to protect......."

Beta Ray Bill stood, walking up to the girl; towering over her, he held out Mjolnir, but before her hand reached it he retracted it out of reach, thrusting forward 'Stormbreaker'. He did not trust her to not have some trickery at play, that by some means unknown to himself she had garnered enough power from all the mighty evil beings with capacities for magic and other devices as to be able to nullify the enchantments of the 'Allfather', should that even be possible.

"....Take it, and if you be worthy, then you should have nothing to fear," He demanded flatly.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)

Last edited by Master_Archon; 08-08-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,