View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Capcom ported over Resident Evil: Revelations, a 3DS game to 360, PS3, Wii U.
And PC. Don't forget the PC. And like most of their other PC ports from the recent couple of years, Revelations was done well too.
As for Capcom going under, I don't really see it happening, at least not any time soon. I know people tend to bash them, sometimes quite rightfully so ("DLC" content locked on disc and things like that) and that has certainly hurt their reputation somewhat, but I don't think they're nearly as bad as some western developers, who still manage to stay in business despite the constant criticism and bad press that's being thrown their way, not to mention all the bad practices that earned them all that criticism (*coughEAcough*).
One thing that I think is a plus for Capcom is that they don't seem to target only one, or only a couple of platforms, but bring their games to most of them. Perhaps not right away, but they do eventually.

This brings me back to the PC - while others shied away from porting, or making fighting games for the PC for years, Capcom brought us the Street Fighter games (SFIV, SSFIV and SFxTekken) which were, as far as my experience with them goes, great ports with excellent performance, fun gameplay and solid control options. Now others seem to have caught on and fighting games are making a comeback on the PC with more and more titles, starting with Mortal Kombat making a return (after MK4, the last MK for PC), Skullgirls, King of Fighters, hell even Naruto is coming out on PC in a day or two and I hear Injustice: Gods Among Us will arrive in April too and I personally thank Capcom for that.

So, the TL/DR version is: I wouldn't count Capcom out just yet, they might still be able to teach their competitors a thing or two.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,