View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
To the topic, That's a bumper sticker. It's not any real argument against suicide. The arguments against suicide vary based on the individual. One friend of mine was suicidal because he was going through a divorce. That friend of yours who wanted to commit suicide because of his parent's dieing, is actually a temporary problem. The parents are dead. The problem is how he takes that temporary depression. Should I commit suicide because my sister was murdered when I was young? No, I am not still depressed over that. It was a temporary depression. The truth is that people make the stupid decision to end their lives because they THINK there is no other solution.

Some people have a very valid reason. But those are much more rare. Chronic illness, extreme pain, Being burned to death. I can understand those. But some people let their piddly problems become a reason to kill themselves. I lost a boyfriend WAAAAHHHH! I lost a girlfriend WAAAAAAHHH! I've been picked on WAAAHHH! Gimme a break. You ain't the only one who's had that happen to you, and there are people much worse off who are willing to stick it out. Go volunteer at a children's hospital where they have kids dieing of varying diseases. Go ask one of them if they would trade places with you, and most would do so in a heartbeat. Suck it up.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,