View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
But under the US definition, can't one person's freedom infringe on another person's freedom? I mean if we are neighbors and my happiness is depended on listening to loud music 24/7, should I be allowed to do it if it infringes on your happiness? Or if everyone is only happy with loud music 24/7, but me, should the majority be allowed to override my happiness?
There can't be any exceptions when it comes to freedom. For example there are people that protest against the war at soldiers funerals. There are also people that burn the flag. As much as I absolutely despise those actions, I believe in their right to do them. If they can't be allowed to do that, then other people can't be allowed to protest abortion, hurting the environment, etc. There are so many different things we are free to do that aren't just limited to protesting, but just because certain people might not approve of one thing doesn't mean it can be outlawed. There is a fine line when it comes to each individual situation though such as the one with you listening to music loudly. You're in a neighborhood and there are certain rules. People can make a noise complaint, but if you aren't being loud they don't have the right to tell you what music to listen to (if it's appropriate).

Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,