View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Astrotoy7 was probably the first person I became friends with on this forum, 9 years ago, due to his often intrusive style of banter. He was a man you could hold a conversation with about just about anything, and conversations I had with him as an kid were inspiring. I think ever since, whenever I've been told how good I am at conversing, I still think bank on that one conversation when I was a kid talking to Astro.

I understand he came across as a dick to a lot of people here, which largely baffled me, but then again, I'd never been on the opposite side of a debate with him. It almost seems conflicting for me, considering whenever I talked to him, he seemed to know so much about things I would not have expected. I don't know if he rubbed people the wrong way here, but he was always cordial, even welcoming towards me. Conversing with him was as informative as it was fun.

He also gave me some of the best, most frank advice whenever I asked him, advice that I did not act on, and feel sorry for now, considering I cannot contact him again. I still have an unreplied email in my archives, from when I last contacted him regarding Euripides' plays.

When he started his blog, I wished him luck and inwardly wondered how long it will last. Right. His blog ended up... popular, to say the least. A mere search of his name on Google can reveal how passionate his following was. I also did not know he personally founded and wove with his own hands, the Open Raphael Project.

As Popehat here notes, he died at the same age as his idol, Raphael.

However, he never did send me a key to the treasure chest full of Swedish nymphomaniacs as he had promised.

Considering how much he loved the depiction of Italy in Assassin's Creed 2, I know what he would have liked to hear is,

Requiescat in pace.
Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,