View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
To me, that would be a major sellout for Star Wars since the whole alternate universe thing (where everything outside of the movies is not recognized, and its continuity is not heeded between authors) is something that Star Wars has not suffered from, as opposed to, say, Star Trek. It was the first franchise to take such a thing seriously, and others have since followed suit. To go back on that would be a slap in the face to the other writers as well as their fans.

Now, I'm not suggesting meticulous adherence to the EU. Certain events can be retconned, rewritten, or even overridden (but not major events, like Chewie's death or the whole Yuuzhan Vong War, as others here have suggested). After all, the EU itself does this all the time with new material. I'm suggesting adhering to the general timeline as a whole, as well as its events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,