View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #286
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
For one, the Landing pad module is now complete. As in, completely complete. Completely, completedly complete.

That's always a good feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
Iíve also been working on a couple of lightsaber hilts. The first is for a long, ĎMalakí style saber:

As you can see, the usual MDLOps problems afflict the texture. Iím not quite sure what to do about that, though. Iíve tried redoing the UV map a couple of times and it hasnít made any difference.
That sounds like the same problem that Quanon had with the Juhani sabers. It seemed to be a problem with the way the model was done as a single mesh, but the uvw map was broken up and had seams. When it goes through MDLOps, all the uvw map seams get re-joined together. The way I fixed it, was to edit the mesh, and break it up into multiple objects, then join it back to the main mesh, but NOT weld the vertices together again. Then after editing the uvw map, all the seams will stay separate.

Also, when I use T3 for screenshots, I like to change the appearance.2da file so that his freelookeffect is set to default (0?) like everyone else.

Keep up the good work

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,