View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I firstly would like to say I back up everything Sithspectre has said, our numbers are dwindling and being friendly and helpful does make a difference to people sticking around. I look back at my first mods and some of the questions I asked, and would be if it were possible; a little embarrassed.

That said back when the forum was busier it could certainly be said to have discouraged Total Conversion mods... There was a time when new Total Conversion mods were posted every other day; I was admittedly harsh in them, however for me partly that was because I felt (as a Moderator) to make sure experienced modders threads, and those who had legitimate question threads were not pushed to page 2 and missed because there was yet another TC thread with 0 actual work having been done and just an idea being all that was in place. That is obviously now not a problem.

I do still think if people post I want a huge conversion mod thread in modding requests and wonder why no modders have taken on the huge work of implement their idea we should hit them wit a wet fish.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,